Monday, July 11, 2011

Decorative Frame

Hi everyone! I'm back with a project today. This was inspired from a project in the brand new IB&C on page 173. It's a decorated frame! It's so cute and definitely fun to make! I started by cutting a 4x6 piece of First Edition DSP. I crinkled that and sponged with Crumb Cake ink. Next, I ran a piece of black vinyl through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die; I only used a piece of the die. I then punched out a bunch of punches (scallops, blossoms) using DSP from the Brights Collection and cardstock. The colors I used are Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive...what a great combo--I found it using the color coach (a fantastic tool that you'll definitely want!!). Then, I put the punches together in a random order. Some of them are by themselves. I added some brads and buttons and rhinestones. There is just so much cool stuff on this one project! Everything was adhered to the class using glue dots--the newsprint DSP is under the glass. I hope you like this project. I had a blast making it! If you'd like to make one yourself, let me know! I might put a class together for this! Come back soon and thanks for looking!


~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment